Stone Design & Detailing
Most projects have an essential concept that must be translated into the medium of stone in order to be budgeted and built. Sometimes the concept is highly developed, other times the project goals are more vaguely understood.
Rhodes typically works with the project team to fully develop the concept for the masonry to the level that it may be properly detailed, bid and executed.
Additionally, Rhodes excels in maximizing the expressive potential of the stone materials through the mock-up and design process. Design consulting often includes the following:
- • Concept sketching and development of presentation materials.
- • Piece design, stone limitation advice, piece scale design.
- • Pattern development including large-scale repeat patterns.
- • Material identification, sourcing and evaluation.
- • Mock-up design and execution.
- • Stone detailing, stone system integration to other materials.
- • Industry standards and best practices recommendations.
- • Attachment and waterproofing best practices.
- • Shop drawing development and review.